knowledge is power
Sections and Activities
Sections of Library
Acharya Tulsi National College of Commerce library provides both traditional and modern services.
* Acquisition Section
* Technical Processing Section
* Active Stack Area
* Circulation Section
* Reference and Documentation Section
* Periodical Section
* Xerox Unit
The Library conducts periodically the following user oriented professional activities:
* Document Delivery and Routine Library Housekeeping Activities
* Acquisition and Processing of reading materials
* Display of New Arrivals to Library
* Current Awareness Service
* User Awareness / Education Programme
* Orientation Programme to Fresh Students
* Display of Books on Important dates
* Library Tour for visitors
Arrangement of Books
The information retrieval system presupposes the organization of information in a systematic and helpful order to facilitate rapid recall of any specific bit of information pinpointedly, exhaustively and expeditiously. The ATNCC library has adopted Ranganathan’s COLON Classification (sixth edition ) for classification of library documents.
The library will be kept open from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm in all the working days, where as it functions form 10.00 am to 2.00 pm on Saturday.
Computerized library catalogue
The library catalogue serves as a key to the collection of the library and an index to subjects. This helps the readers to know what books are available in the library
a) by given author,
b) by a given subjects,
c) by a given title etc.,
with the computer application to the library operations. The database of books is prepared and bar coded according to “e-lib Software”. The users can search the computerized database OPAC or the traditional catalogue cards arranged subject wise/ author wise to know what information sources are available in the library on the areas of their interest.